Friday, February 7, 2014

Journal Entry - don't despise the young....

Feb. 7, 2014 Friday
 
When I read my old journal entries from many many years ago,  I'm amazed at the insight the young "me" had, even  as a baby Christian. I always felt uneducated as most of the people that surrounded me had some kind of degree...  I think I still feel that way at 50.
 
I did sound a bit immature at times, but the meaty parts are definitely insightful.
 
I recognize that the One teaching me was the Holy Spirit and God's Word. Putting words together on paper has always been a challenge for me. Twisting letters and leaving out words. I still do that. And my grammar was/is far from perfect. But I hungered after God's Word. I thirsted for something I knew I needed. And that was enough to have me devouring God every day.
 
And when a person is led by God, young or old, amazing things will happen.
 
 
Today, when I read those early journals I'm blessed. It's almost as if the younger "me" was writing for the older "me".
 
 
I love this word in I Timothy 4:12
"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to believers
in  word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity..."
 
If you are a young person (or a young Christian!) Study the Word!
 
Diligently
 
Hunger and thirst after righteousness and allow God to move you. Listen with prudence, discernment.
God has given you a gift - use it to the Glory of Jesus Christ.
 
And let no one despise your youth.
 
And if you are mature, seasoned in the faith of Jesus Christ, let them use their wings and fly. You were young once too. And pray... always pray...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: