Thursday, July 3, 2014

Orphan Status?

Isaiah 43:1 But now, this says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, 
O Israel:
 "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have Called you by name; you are Mine..."

Names are important. One of the most important things a new parent does is name their child. Your name identifies who you are, and who you belong to.

And then a legal certificate is prepared, notarized, and put on file for all to know what family you are kindred. Parent and child are legally bound.

Adoptive parents understand the process of adoption paperwork and the steps to make it all legal: Notarization, Authentication, etc. and it's all delivered and filed with the proper seals and signatures.

When God redeemed us, His children, and named us, not only did he give 

HIS NAME 
(Isaiah 43:7), 

He wrote it down, notarized and authenticated it by sealing it in blood...
 it wasn't our blood, it was HIS blood, to make us His own.

We are His Children, those who call Jesus Christ Lord! We have been redeemed! And what did it cost to redeem us from our orphan status? It cost Him EVERYTHING.

So just as you, a good parent, would give everything for your children, God has given everything to bring you in as His own. He will take care of you.

My prayer today:

You are my Father, my Daddy. You love me. Today, as I spend more time with you and less time gleaning useless information from the internet, I pray to know you more deeply and praise you for redeeming me! 

You have named me with Your Name... I am Yours!





No comments: