Thursday, August 21, 2014

Spread it Around

About 5 or 6 years ago I received a bag of flower seeds in the mail. They were Johnny Jump-Ups... And I planted them with my toddler son to teach him how things grow from seeds into beautiful creations. 

I never planted another Johnny jump-up seed thereafter. But every spring since sowing those first seeds, these tiny beauties pop-up wherever the wind plants them the year before. The petite purple and yellow flowers are found growing everywhere there is good soil: throughout the lawn, in my vegetable garden, even in potted plants on the deck. They are broadcasting themselves year after year!

.. and it all started with a few little seeds sown into good soil and a little effort.

Lord, I pray that you help me to be faithful sowing Your seed. To spread around the seeds of Love, Kindness and Encouragement. Seeds that build up, and not tear down. Seeds that can save a life... seeds from the Giver of all good things. The seeds of Life Eternal, the Word of God. And I pray that those good seeds will spread all over the world to bring Hope, Truth, and Salvation through Jesus Christ.

Luke 13:18 "...What is the kingdom of God like, and to what shall I compare it? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and threw into his own garden and it grew and became a tree and the birds of the air nested in its branches."

Romans 10:15 "How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring Good News of Good Things!"

1 comment:

waintin' on the lord said...

Terry...I just loved this analogy!!