Friday, November 14, 2014

OOT - Out of Translation

We are officially OOT and now in progress. Now that our dossier is translated CCCWA (China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption) will review it and match us with Elizabeth. Next big stop is LOA. (so many Acronyms! Click HERE to find out what they mean.)
This Photo was probably taken sometime 2013

I'm so excited, and nervous, that we are at this point. And I think we could most likely have our LOA before Christmas. 

I am still looking at an early spring departure. And I want to take my daughter Arielle, who is now 17. Arielle was adopted in 2011 from China. We won't visit where she's from this time. It's up north and the plan is to fly into Guangzhou, And 12 or so days later, fly out. NO IN CHINA FLIGHTS. In fact, I want to fly out of LAX directly to Guangzhou. 

But she wants to go. And I want her to go. She still speaks fluent Mandarin and that may be a comfort to her new sister. It will make communication easier. As long as Liz speaks Mandarin. :) 

So I plan to contact the school. It's hard to pin down a date, but I'm sure it will be early spring.
Another 2013 photo!

Visit Elizabeth's Adoption site and sign the 
Guest Book!




3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

She is beautiful! So excited for you guys.

Kathy C. said...

I hope they are able to communicate verbally and then E. can keep her language.

Connie Johnson said...

Terry, flying directly to GZ is a great plan! The last time we did that, it was a 17-hour flight though - ack!
So excited for you guys! We are close to the same time line. Maybe we'll meet in China so I can hug your neck!