Friday, December 12, 2014

Candles, Tree Lights, and random thoughts...

 Most years we put up two trees. One in the livingroom and this one in the family/school room. Last year we had three, including the demon tree! I wrote about in  this post lol! 

Last year I had very little time, and apparently I did not post about Christmas until Feburary! 

Our tree this year is the perfect size and shape. My hubby, Arielle, and Asher picked it out. But the branches are flimsy and won't hold our heavy ornaments. So every time an ornament falls off, I put it back in the box for next year.

All in all it's a nice tree.... what do you want for $30! I'm not complaining.


Evan put about 3 ornaments up. Like always.  Maybe it's because he knows I will just end up rearranging the decorations anyway. Actually, this year I left most of them where they were put. 

*note, it's time for you to get a haircut son!


And here she is readjusting the falling ornaments...













Next you have Daddy putting up his prize Eagles ornaments... a gift from Arielle last year. Brad has worked more OT these past few weeks than he has the past year. We are blessed to have the money right now but really would prefer to have daddy home with us.


 Our traditions are fun, and we aren't very strict about anything. We light Advent candles every year. We pray and sing and anticipate the coming of Jesus! We talk and spend time together laughing and just being together. I wouldn't trade it for the world!  We started lighting the candles when the oldest three where young... 

And yes, I realize there are 3 lit candles and we are not "technically" on week three for advent, But we were unsure if Brad would be working this weekend so we lit 3 candles this week... And we like them lit anyway :P 

This particular night, we lit the candles before dinner. Love Dinner By Candlelight!  

And because I am an avid online shopping (amazon prime is my best shopping buddy!) I have an abundance of boxes! Big, little, long and short... you name it, we have it. Asher would probably try and save them all and make something "new" out of each one. But I don't have a house big enough for ALL HIS RECYCLED ART. 

Tonight both boys got a hold of a large Target box and decided it would be a great race car...
 They both sat down with markers in hand and decorated. 
 Then once they were done they played for hours! Me and Arielle went to Big Lots and when we got back they were still racing!

Imagination!!!


These two are real buddies...

The silly bossy buddy, who likes to make sure everything is done right...

...and the artsy buddy who likes to make it up as he goes. The two of them are night and day. 

One day Evan called their need for one another

Symbiotic :) 

After I looked up that word (LOL!) I realized he was right.


They both have a very unique way of approaching life. 

More on the Christmas season coming up! Tomorrow I will be shopping with my sweet Daughter Arielle...as Daddy takes the littles to Breakfast with Santa!  ... can't wait! 



1 comment:

Kathy C. said...

Our new tree is much smaller and the lights are built into it. Not much room for ornaments and when the lights are on, it doesn't need them. But when the lights are off it looks bare.

Glad the boys are best friends.