Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It feels like forever

Almost everything is set... I'll be on my way on March 27th, receive our precious treasure on the 30th, do adoption related stuff (like passport, medical, visa, etc) while trying to learn more about her life and trying to bond some, then home on April 9th.

It feels like forever before I leave. It FEELS that way. Usually, once you receive TA, you are on the first available plane to wherever your child is. But scheduling did not allow that this time. 

But in 24 days, I will be on my way with my 17 year old daughter Arielle. Hubby will stay home with the boys. I will miss them terribly. 





Last time I was in China I lost over 10 pounds... of course the food choices I had were less than desirable. Well, unless you love authentic Chinese food. I LIKE it, but I don't love it. And when you are offered "extra" goodies like this, it takes away the appetite :) 

But I can't blame the food entirely, I was also sick...from the time I got off the plane. Don't know if it was food poisoning or a virus, but I'm praying it doesn't happen again!

I think this trip is going to be a good one. I don't know why but I think it will be REALLY good. Time will tell.

Lord prepare LongJu's little heart. Her whole world is about to change in a mighty big way. I pray she will know me. I pray that she will understand. I pray for her health to stay stable. And I pray ultimately for healing, inside and out. Be with us Lord and keep us safe on this journey of redemption. Just as You have redeemed us as Your own. You have taken the journey, paid the ransom and made us Yours. By the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ we are your adopted children. Yours. Fully, Totally Yours! 

2 comments:

Kathy C. said...

Try making a paper chain of things to do each day until you go. Have your kids tell you stuff they'd like to do. Write one on each link. Intertwine them and staple. Cut off the bottom link each day and do the activity. When all the links are gone and the activities done, it's time to go!! Just a thought.

Terry said...

That's exactly what I plan to do Kathy! I did it last time too :)