Wednesday, January 27, 2016

2015 Review (Part 2) - Christmas!

Bore you with all the details of Christmas?... I'll spare you. But seeing the holidays through the eyes of our newest daughter was amazing. She is such a blessing to my heart. God gave this gift to us. Seeing her gifted personality emerge these past 9 months has been a breath of fresh air to this often tired weary mom. Adopting kids from hard places (I'm pretty sure most adoptions start at a hard difficult place) can often be overwhelming. But lately there are more triumphs than trials...
Praise God!
We had a wonderful Christmas... a first for Lizzy! And as for my sometimes lame December birthday, my hubby and all the kids got me this guitar! It's a Little Martin and I love it <3 Perfect size for me. I stopped playing years ago after I injured my neck. It was too painful to hold my arms out from my body to play. It pulled at the muscles in my neck and cause painful episodes that lasted for days. Then the arthritis began in my neck.  I became discouraged and stopped playing (and singing) for several years. But maybe I will play once again since I can hold my arms closer to my body and play with my new toy.  My desire to sing and write for Jesus burns within me once again! Thank you beloved family!!!

Happy Birthday to me!

Finding a Christmas tree tradition! They are happy, really

Lizzy's first really cold day... ever! She told me "Mom, I think it's winter" haha!

Breakfast and visiting with Santa! The youngins' and grands

Santa gives some pretty awesome gifts!

Lizzy is ready for her first Winter Concert at School

Lighting the Candles



Making homemade decorations Lizzy and Micah

Goofy kids! My tree decorators!

Micah is really into his work!

So precious!

Mom reaching the high spots

Take note the shirt is off! Good thing too! That paint ain't washable

The branches on the tree were so flimsy, Daddy needed to help

Evan's art

All the boys got into the act of making decorations

We set up a little "shop" in the diningroom so the kids could shop and buy each other a Christmas gift. They all had $20 in Monopoly money they could spend. (They actually had real money they bought the MM dollar for dollar.  For their shopping they used fake because fun gets chaotic here and money gets lost) . All gifts were $3 or under, except for a few things. What they didn't buy for each other, I donated to our hematology department's "Treasure Box" - a gift box for the kids to pick a prize after they get their IV's. They had fun doing it! Daddy and Arielle were the store keepers. After they purchased the gifts we wrapped them.



Levi is hanging a little stocking made for his mom (Amy) about 32 years ago! 


On Christmas Eve it was so warm. We went out Christmas light hunting. Roasting in the HOT PJs

My four youngest babies

Santa Came!



Christmas morning stockings are opened while mom and dad wake up, and than family devotion time...

Then the kids all cut the ribbons to enter Christmas!





It all looks jolly and fun and for the most part it was...

But every year someone melts down... oh well... no pictures of that, just happy faces :) 

My oldest baby girl Amy with Daddy... she is having her third baby in May!!! Yay!

My third oldest Bradley and daughter in law Melissa. And new baby Aaron! Oh my heart. 

My grandbaby Micah with Melissa's sister. Janine. she joined us for breakfast on Christmas morning(as well as her mom and dad- but I didn't get a decent photo of them together!).


The children lol love this bunch of hoodlums! 


Evan performed a little concert for us

Pop-pop gushing

Grandmom and Pop-pop Jim

My second oldest daughter Lauren, and significant other Mike... showing off their lovely gifts lol

Arielle, Amy, and my son in law David got into the sillies too. 
Love these two!!!


My best friend <3

Arielle with her babies! Sophie and Maxine

A few days after Christmas... Brad with his sisters and Mom <3

This was probably one of the most low key Christmases we've had in a long time. There's been adjusting and rearranging of family position in the Fithian pack this past year. Apparently being the youngest is an important place. Change can be difficult for some of us. But now we are well into a new (unknown) adventure and changes of 2016! Hoping to post soon about some new plans, changes, and goals. God bless you!

No comments: